The National Education Finance Academy is the academic home to scholars, students, practitioners, and policymakers who are interested in the study of education finance broadly defined. Our purpose is to improve education by promoting interest in and understanding of education finance principles and policies. We accomplish this goal by holding scholarly meetings for the presentation and discussion of education finance issues, by stimulating the teaching of P-20 education finance, and by disseminating scholarly research in our partner journals. Membership is open to all individuals who support the goal of improving education for all persons and we welcome broad representation of perspectives, including financial, legal, political, and social
Members of the National Education Finance Academy receive a one year subscription to the Journal of Education Finance. JEF is the premier journal in the area of education finance; it is published quarterly by the University of Illinois Press. NEFA members receive a discounted registration rate at the annual conference. Attendance at the conference provides an excellent opportunity to interact with the top scholars in the field of education finance around issues of importance to our members.
Members of the AEFP enjoy the following member benefits:
- Education Finance and Policy Published quarterly, AEFP's Education Finance and Policy provides the most important scholarly research and thought on the subject of finance of public, private and higher education, in the United States, Canada and around the world. Published for AEFP by the MIT Press, the journal is provided to all members.
- AEFP Annual Conference Membership in the AEFP provides the opportunity to stay informed on important education finance issues and network with colleagues at the Annual Conference. Only paid members may attend the annual conference
- AEFP Newsletter Published quarterly, the AEFP Newsletter keeps members informed on important AEFP happenings, as well as important opportunities and upcoming events in the field of education finance.
Institutional Members of the AEFP enjoy all of the member benefits listed above, plus these special benefits:
- Two Representative Memberships along with two journal subscriptions to Education Finance & Policy.
- Two Conference Registrations & recognition in AEFP publications (newsletters, program, and online).
- Conference Space for Promotional Literature at the registration area to promote institutional members' organization or publications.
- One AEFP Membership Emailing One complimentary general emailing of the institution's announcements or upcoming events to AEFP members.